The Second Creek Pipeline is new infrastructure, approximately 17 miles long, to be constructed by the Metro Wastewater Reclamation District. This new pipeline will enable portions of Adams County, Aurora, Brighton, Commerce City, Denver, and Denver International Airport to be served by the District’s Northern Treatment Plant.
These partner agencies worked with the Metro District to develop the Second Creek Basin Regional Master Plan. This collaborative effort identified the Second Creek Pipeline and its First Creek Segment as the best long-term solution to address rapid regional growth and better connect the District’s system with the 2 million Coloradans it serves.
Additional benefits of this gravity-powered pipeline may include:
- Closing up to five existing pump stations
- Reducing energy use and carbon footprint
- Reducing long-term maintenance and operating costs
What to expect during construction:
- Construction to occur from early 2021 through 2023
- Relatively brief disturbances at any one work site as pipe segments are completed and work moves to another area
Click here for a project fact sheet to learn more.
Click here for information from the May 9 , July 10, and July 17 public meetings.