A wastewater treatment plant is needed to support communities in the northern metropolitan region as existing facilities will soon reach capacity.
We are committed to keeping the community informed and involved in this transition.
- Located at northwest corner of Highway 85 and 168th Avenue (Weld Cty Road 2)
- Projected opening date: 2016
- Eliminates 7 lift stations in 7 neighborhoods
- More cost efficient than complex improvements to existing facilities
- More stringent standards will protect the South Platte River
Why This Site?
Basic criteria were critical to selecting a site for a new wastewater treatment plant.
- Close proximity to South Platte River
- Site with sufficient room for buffering, setbacks, future expansions, and other needs
- Ability to be served by a gravity pipeline and minimization of wastewater pumping
- Environmental suitability of the site and ability to obtain required permits
- Avoids conflict with other major utilities, drinking water facilities and gravel mining / water storage facilities
What Kind of Facility Will be Built?
This facility will have advanced treatment processes that blend in and benefit the nearby community.
- One of the most advanced in the western U.S.
- Effective odor control
- Architecture and landscaping will blend with the surrounding community
- More stringent standards to protect the South Platte River
Public Meeting Materials
Several public meetings have been held regarding the new facilities. Archived documents from these meetings are available. Click here for meeting materials →