We partner with many agencies, professional groups and our local public to ensure that our operations and practices meet regulatory requirements, demonstrate our commitment to protecting the environment, address public health concerns in our communities, and provide for future needs.
We have established a Citizen Participation Group that meets with our staff regularly to provide feedback and voice concerns related to biosolids activities. Who participates?
- Neighbors to the Robert W. Hite Treatment Facility
- Neighbors to the METROGRO® Farm
- Environmental organization representatives
- Other interested parties
If you are interested in participating or learning about this group’s activities, submit an inquiry.
Here’s a sample of the agencies and professional groups we collaborate with.
- Agate Soil Conservation District
- Colorado Alliance of Environmental Education
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Colorado Division of Wildlife
- Colorado Industrial Pretreatment Coordinators Association (CIPCA)
- Colorado Water Quality Control Division
- Colorado Wastewater Utility Council
- Denver International Airport
- Denver Regional Council of Governments
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA)
- National Biosolids Partnership (NBP)
- Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association (RMWEA)
- South Adams County Water & Sanitation District
- South Platte Coalition for Urban River Evaluation (SP CURE)
- United States Geological Service (USGS)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF)