DENVER, May 2 — Metro Wastewater Reclamation District honored 17 metro area organizations for perfect compliance with their industrial wastewater discharge permits last week. The following were recognized with Gold Awards for perfect compliance from January through December 2017:
· Ball Metal Beverage Container Corp.
· Goldberg Brothers, Inc.
· Majestic Metals, LLC
· Industrialex Manufacturing Corp.
· Pepsi Beverages Company
· Wright & McGill Company
· Water Remediation Technology, LLC
· CW Elaborations, Inc.
· United States Mint
· Denver Sanitary Company, Inc.
· CoorsTek, Inc.
· G & K Services, A Division of Cintas
· Rocky Mountain Bottle Company
· Safeway, Inc., Denver Beverage Plant
· Acme Manufacturing Company, Inc.
· Packaging Corporation of America
· Safeway, Inc., Denver Milk
The Metro District issues wastewater discharge permits to these organizations as required by the Clean Water Act. According to Federal Pretreatment Regulations, the Metro District must have an Industrial Pretreatment Program to control the discharge of industrial waste to the sanitary sewer system.
About Metro Wastewater Reclamation District
The Metro District was formed under Colorado law in 1961 and is the largest wastewater treatment facility in the Rocky Mountain West. The district works with 60 local governments, including cities, sanitation districts, and water and sanitation districts. They, in turn, provide retail wastewater service to about 1.8 million people in a 715 square-mile service area in metropolitan Denver.
# # #